home pageRidgway town governmentDoing BusinessTown Documents

calendarStaff Directorylinks

Town Government» Town Departments » Community Development

Town Manager | Administrative Services | Community Development | Marshal's Dept. | Public Works
Welcome to your central resource for land use and building information.
  •     Description of Services  
  •  Staff Contacts 
  • General Info, Forms & Links  

  • Provides general planning assistance and represents the Town in all land use discussions;
  • Processes applications for Planning Commission actions and performs planning and development review of complex proposals involving subdivisions, site plans, zoning matters and related matters;
  • Performs planning and development review of complex proposals involving subdivisions, site plans, zoning matters and related matters;
  • Provides staff reports and recommendations pertaining to all land use review processes;
  • Advances Planning Commission recommendations to Town Council.
  • Assists in land use policy formulation, including comprehensive planning, growth management policies, affordable housing, sustainability, transportation, historic preservation and community development;
  • Participates and assists in public workshops;
  • Provides GIS mapping services, updates and maintains Town addressing map, and produces other community-wide planning tools.
  • Administers of right of way encroachment and sign permits;
  • Assists in administration of final recordation of development plats and ancillary legal documents relative to land use processes;
  • Assists with grant writing, festival organization and web site maintenance.
  • Conducts building inspection services and performs code enforcement.
  • Administers permit applications;
  • Reviews building plans and specifications to ensure compliance with adopted building, fire, plumbing and mechanical codes and other applicable laws and regulations;
  • Ensures compliance with applicable Town building and site plan requirements.
  • Inspects new and remodeled buildings and facilities to ensure compliance with codes, regulations, and specifications and standards;
  • Inspects and oversees utility construction and installation of water supply systems, drainage and sewer systems, fire sprinkler systems and air and gas piping systems, heating and energy conservation systems. 
  • Enforces compliance of zoning and building regulations including but not limited to site development, signage and lighting; conducts investigations into possible code violations.

Jen Coates
970-626-5308 x12
Mike Gill
970-626-5308 x216
              Diedra Silbert
970-626-5308 x215


Link to the Planning Commission page
The Town of Ridgway has adopted the 2006 International Codes, as amended. In addition, the Town has adopted a Prescriptive Energy Code and Green Building Standard, which is found in Chapter 6 of the Municipal Code.
Please call the building office to confirm permit requirements before starting any work. All plumbing and electrical permits are handled by the State of Colorado. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) must be obtained before any building can be occupied.
Building inspections are conducted on Mondays and Thursdays, except for holidays. Please call the Building Inspector at 970-626-5308 x216 to schedule an inspection. A minimum 48 hour notice for planned inspections is very much appreciated.
The Town of Ridgway is under all of the 2006 International Codes as amended. Please be advised the Town has specific energy and green building code requirements.
Note: Inactive links indicate a form that is under revision. Please call the Building Office to obtain these forms in the interim.


Adobe Reader (free here) must be installed to view documents.© Town of Ridgway, Colorado, 2017. Design by mtngeogeek. Contact